Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My 10 most mythical guitars

In this post I will be writing about the 10 guitars I have the most desire to own and have had a crush on for the longest. These guitars are not necessarily some you can bye and some of them are specific to a certain player and in that way carries a lot of passion and love for me.



10 Ibanez Jem 25 Anniversary/JS 1200. I think that every guitar player that knows just the slightest about shredding has dreamed about owning a JEM. The JEM I like best was the one they did on the 25th anniversary for the guitar model and it was made out of see through plastic and had glow in the dark paint colored in and a light that would turn on via one of the pods and it would glow in that green  and killer color. The JEM is a shredders wet dream and is a great guitar and I would love to own one some day but  the Ibanez JS-1200 series is (I think) better suited to me and what I want to do. Recently I have dived into the world of Joe Satriani and it has been amazing. I like Steve Vai and all, and I think he is more varied in his play but some of the songs and melodies Joe Satriani has created are fantastic. And I think the relatively simple style of the JS and its versatility is more to my liking then what the JEM does.





9. Gibson Les Paul Bullseye. Zakk Wylde has been a huge influence on me for as long as I can remember. And he still has. I believe that in a few months in 1991 he was the best guitar player on the planet. I say that because of how great the No More Tears album really is. every riff, solo and chorus is amazing and he wrote that shit. His sound is unique and those guitars oohhh my. I thought it looked so awesome when I was little and watch Ozzy Osbourne live at Budokan with my dad and saw the big bearded monster who was swinging it around like a Norse god. His bullseyes where beautifully made and it was my favorite guitar up until some pint in my early years. I've been a Gibson guy everyday of my life and that Les Paul Bullseye is the ultimate metal Gibson and I would still love to have one and good I would make it scream.



8. Music Man JP. I have always thought of John Petrucci as a master. He is one of the most well rounded players ever and has the songs to show it. He started of with Ibanez and made some really good guitars but his Music Man JP's are simple astonishing. His custom DiMarzio Liquifire and Crunch Lab humbuckers are amazing. I even put those into my Stirling JP50 and it made it a new instrument. Music Man guitars are odd in some ways but when you get used to them you can't let em go. They are fantastic instruments and really are unique and I think that's why Petrucci switched over. He wanted something more special and he got it. Those JP Ernie Ball Family Reserve are sometimes out of this world.




7. Washburn N4 Snakeskin. Nuno is a genius! I don't think I need to say any more. But I will anyway. The Washburn N4 is one of the only guitars Washburn make that actually is boutique. They make some decent acoustics but there electrics are mostly cheaper metal guitars. They had a stroke of genius when the N4 was made. it fitted perfectly to Nuno and though simple can play everything. And then you put snakeskin on it????? Holy fuck that looks good. The N4 is a classic now and I don't think there's anything like it out there. It's so good that you don't care that it's not a Suhr or a PRS. It's one of a kind and if your a rocker with a hunger for heavy this should be your tool. I wish it was mine!


6. Fender Stratocaster Eric Johnson. If you know me or have read some of the stuff on this block you know how much I adore Eric Johnson. The is why this guitar is on the list. There is no point for me to buy a "normal" Stratocaster but the EJ Strat is special. Eric has approved everything on it and that's why they sell so well. This guitar has gone a step further then the rest. It is made to fit the specifications of the biggest perfectionist in the art of guitar playing. This is by far the guitar on this list I am the closest to buying. And I genuinely think that my next guitar will be an EJ Strat or number 3 on this list. It would be the perfect compliment to my Les Paul Traditional.



5. Dean/Washburn Dime. Now we're starting to enter an area where I can't help but get a bit sentimental. Dime is my god! I worship the ground he walked on. I don't care if it's a Dean or a Washburn. I just fucking want one some day. The Dime and the Razorbacks that Dean now make remind me off why I started listening to Pantera and therefor how my passion for guitars started. Sometimes the Dime's are cheap and not of very high quality but some of the more expensive Deans are great. But as long as they have the Dimebuckers it really doesn't matter. Crank up the Volume and scope the mid and of you go to the epicenter of The Great Southern Trendkill. The Washburn models where never really that popular but they had some pretty finishes and should be good guitars but if I had to pick one I would get The Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback with all included. Then I would play  5 Minutes Alone on and on and on, and get a pink goatee.



4. Charvel/Jackson Soloist. There is only one super-strat. Everything els is a mock-up. The soloist is the only real super-strat, because of it's diversity. It could and can do anything. I think they look fantastic but the main reason I like them so much is because of Shawn Lane. He got Charvel to make him some semi custom Soloists. Charvel was owned by Jackson at that time in the late 80's/early 90's and those guitars have now become collectibles. Shawn did everything on it and though they were not Jackson's or made in the US, they where better then most Jackson's at the time. Jackson still make some killer Soloists and I really like the wooden look they give some of them. I would love to own one some day, cause in shape I think the Jackson Soloist is one of the pretiest takes on how a guitar should look.


3. Music Man Luke III. All hail king Steve. This is the 3rd generation of the Luke and it's only fitting that an artist like Steve Lukather gets a guitar that literally can do everything it wants to. Like they have with the JP's, Music Man have again created a masterpiece. The Luke both looks and sounds fantastic. It's versatile and has those signature Music Man details that I myself have come to love. The Olive-green finish in the picture looks fantastic and the neck should be a dream to play. The former Luke's are awesome as well but I'm a Humbucker guy so naturally this is the one I like the better. the Preamp and coil stuff on it is just a bonus. Some day I will buy a Luke.



2. Suhr Koa Reb Beach.  I Love Reb beach but i love his Koa guitars more in a way. A Koa top can change everything. The sound is fantastic and fit really well to the activ EMG's Reb Beach uses but there is one thing Koa does that other wood really can't. It simple looks perfect on a guitar in my opinion. The Koa just looks right. I really like Mahogany and all but Koa has a natural glow and blend that really floats my boat. Then you ad on the sound it provides and ads to, lets say regular mahogany, and you have something going nobody can touch. John Suhr is a genius but the Ibanez Voyager Reb Beach had first is the one I would pick if I could. But they are impossible to get a hold off. So I'll have to do with the Suhr. That's fine by me.



1. Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beaty. John Sykes was my first guitar hero. He was THE guy for my when One Night Only came out in 2000. He blew those Thin Lizzy songs up and what was he doing it on. A black Les Paul with silver linings. That guitar is the reason why I'm a Gibson guy at core. The Les Paul has been with Sykes through all the good and bad and it's one of the best sounding guitars ever. And still to this day, it looks unbelievable. John Sykes is unique. He's fucked up some stuff in his day but he also has a style nobody els has. He resurrected Thin Lizzy and gave it so much power that you would think it was a different band playing. That guitar did all that with him and if I could have one guitar to put up on my wall to look at for inspiration, it would be Black Beauty.It wouldn't hang there for long though cause just to hold that thing and give it a go is one of my biggest dreams regarding guitars.




Get a life and start listening to better music!  

No comments:

Post a Comment